How Can We Help?
Courses and Additional ServicesCourses and Additional Services
Learn how we can provide additional preservation options using bepress Archive, specialized trainings at our own IR Manager Certification Course, and extra support for your journals and conferences via DC Publishing Services.
- After a file is sent to S3, Amazon performs a data integrity check to ensure that the file residing on S3 matches the file on the DC platform exactly.
- Amazon S3 redundantly stores your files on multiple servers across multiple facilities. The service is designed to sustain multiple server failures by quickly detecting and repairing any lost redundancy.
- Amazon S3 performs checksums on data uploaded to the service and repairs any corruption using redundant data.
- Amazon S3 is designed to provide 99.999999999% durability of files.
To learn more, contact your consultant or visit Getting Started with bepress Archive.
IR Manager Certification Course
We provide administrators of Digital Commons repositories with supplemental training opportunities.
The IR Manager Certification Course is an intensive two-day workshop for institutional repository administrators, where you’ll develop crucial skills and expertise to help you succeed at one of the most demanding jobs in the field of librarianship and scholarly communication.
- Develop a concrete set of IR best practices, goals, and benchmarks
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the Digital Commons software and its breadth of supported content
- Learn strategies to find, manage, and promote new content at your institution
- Train with a skilled consultant and use Digital Commons’ reporting tools to demonstrate growth and impact to your stakeholders
- Earn an IR Manager Certificate
DC Community, stay tuned to the Google Group for the next course announcement or contact Consulting Services for more information.
Digital Commons Publishing Services
All Digital Commons Publishing Services tiers above Professional are available for journals in DC repositories.