How Can We Help?
Customize Your DCX SiteCustomize Your DCX Site
Add Site Branding
You can add a site logo, shown below in the upper left, and a default full-width banner.
To add your logo and banner:
- Click Settings in the admin sidebar and then select Site settings.
- Click Choose an Image to add an image for your logo (recommended dimensions 256 x 256 pixels) and also for your banner (recommended dimensions 1920 x 400 pixels). You may choose a favicon for the browser tab as well (16 x 16 pixels recommended).
- When done, publish the changes by clicking Save.
Once you’ve published your site banner, view the live site and try adjusting the size of your browser to see if it is responding in an acceptable way for your visitors. If your banner is not responding as desired, you can designate a focal point by clicking the Edit This Image button for the banner image (the button will appear on the page pictured above once an image has been uploaded).
Edit Site Title and Landing Page
To modify your site title and landing page:
- Select Pages in the administrator sidebar and click the name of your site at the top of the menu.
- Click the Edit button under your institution name to reach the landing page settings.
Landing page settings:
- The Title field, which is required, controls the title of the site as it will be listed in the administrative interface.
- Banner text is optional, though recommended if a title isn’t present in the banner image or logo. The banner text formatting tools allow you to include bold and italic text as well as line breaks and HTML.
- A Banner image is optional. Adding one here will override the banner image added in the site settings. If you don’t add a banner here, the landing page will inherit the default banner from the site settings. (Should the published banner not respond as desired when you resize the page, you can designate a focal point by clicking the Edit This Image button.)
- The Body field, where you can enter a description, has the same tools as banner text plus an option to insert links.
In addition to the above settings, you can choose how many collections (if any) you’d like to feature at the top of the landing page in a “Featured Exhibits” section, using the Max collections featured setting. You can also adjust the Max collections all number, if desired, to change the number of total collections showing under the “All Exhibits” heading on the landing page.
When done, publish the landing page changes by clicking the arrow next to Save Draft to expand the menu and choosing Publish.
About and Contact Pages
Your DCX site comes with an About page and a Contact page, both of which are visible in the site navigation menu by default.
You can customize these pages with text and other elements such as images or attachments. A quick way to edit these pages is to click on the gears icon in the lower right of each page when viewing the front end, then select Edit this page.
You can also reach the edit tools by clicking Pages in the admin sidebar and locating the “About” and “Contact” pages in the list of site contents.